My Son Sanctuary



Brief Description

Between the 4th and 13th centuries a unique culture which owed its spiritual origins to Indian Hinduism developed on the coast of contemporary Viet Nam. This is graphically illustrated by the remains of a series of impressive tower-temples located in a dramatic site that was the religious and political capital of the Champa Kingdom for most of its existence.

Justification for Inscription

Criterion (ii): The My Son Sanctuary is an exceptional example of cultural interchange, with the introduction the Hindu architecture of the Indian sub-continent into South-East Asia. Criterion (iii):The Champa Kingdom was an important phenomenon in the political and cultural history of South-East Asia, vividly illustrated by the ruins of My Son.

2 comments:

John said...

I enjoyed the information and photos on the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.

Regards, John

RuanMT said...

Hi John
I'll come back your blog soon and I'm
very happy when u say like that